Job Title: Progress Mentor and Functional Skills Tutor
Reports to: Apprenticeship Progress and Guidance Manager
Job Purpose: To support and guide Apprentices’ through their learning journey, whilst also managing and coordinating the required support and development of learners to prepare them for their Maths and English Functional skills Level 2 assessments.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24 – £26k
Established in 2007, SR Supply Chain Consultants are a fast-growing training company based in Lancashire who are a Procurement and Supply Centre of Excellence that off professional qualifications and Apprenticeships. We work all industries and sectors and have a wide customer base including many blue-chip companies.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join our Apprenticeship Management Team, reporting to the Apprenticeship Progress and Guidance Manager. This individual will be responsible for two elements of the role of Progress Mentor and Functional Skills Tutor. As a Progress Mentor you will be responsible for completing progress mentor reviews and other support meetings every 10 weeks with all learners on our apprenticeship programme. You will also be required to run regular learner progress reports, escalate any concerns to your Line Manager and work closely with all the key Account Managers. As a Functional Skills Tutor you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the required support and development of learners to prepare them for their Maths and English Functional skills Level 2 assessments before commencement of their first CIPS unit.
As a Progress Mentor and Functional Skills Tutor, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and facilitating progress mentor visits and apprenticeship reviews
- Ensuring timely progression of learners through functional skills training and managing the booking process of learner functional skills examinations
- Providing advice, support and guidance to learners on the apprenticeship programme
- Support the Customer Service Team with learner information as and when required
- Provide monthly management information to the Apprenticeship Progress and Guidance Manager for operational meetings, both mentor and functional skills reports
- Provide help and guidance to apprenticeship learners who require support with their functional skills assessments
- Work closely with Account Managers and provide information relating to learner progression and attend site visits as required
As part of this job role your package will include:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Workplace Pension (subject to eligibility criteria)
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Progression Opportunities
- Free secure car parking
- Time off for charity events
If you’d like to apply for this role, click here.