Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
Aimed at senior buyers, contract managers or supply chain managers the CIPS Level 5 course is designed to give you the expertise to improve organisational procurement and fulfil organisational objectives.
The CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply consists of 5 core units and 3 optional units – 5 units must be completed in total:
• L5M1 Managing Teams and Individuals
• L5M2 Managing Supply Chain Risk
• L5M3 Managing Contractual Risk
• L5M4 Advanced Contract & Financial Management
• L5M5 Managing Ethical Procurement and Supply
• L5M6 Category Management
• L5M7 Achieving Competitive Advantage Through the Supply Chain
• L5M8 Project and Change Management
• L5M9 Operations Management
• L5M10 Logistics Management
• L5M15 Advanced Negotiation
Experienced buyers and managers who wish to pursue a strategic management/leadership role in purchasing.
• Senior/chief buyer
• Group/senior procurement/purchasing executive
• Category manager
• Contract manager
• Logistics manager
• Supply chain manager
Second year honours degree, NVQ level 5, HND (UK)
SAQA NQF level 7 (SA), NZQA level 6 (NZ)
AQF Advanced diploma (VET/AUS) TQF level 5 (TEVETA)
Successful completion of CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply OR CIPS Level 4 Foundation diploma in purchasing and supply.
The CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma focuses on cost reduction and adding value by:
• Improving timescales and stock control
• Management and innovation in the procurement and supply process
• Developing legal and risk management expertise
Core skills being the expertise to improve or develop and fulfil organisational and functional objectives in purchasing and supply
Each 12 credit unit is assessed through a 3-hour computer based exam consisting of essay style questions. Each 6 credit unit is assessed through a 1.5-hour computer based exam consisting of drag and drop, multiple choice and drop down list style questions.
Face to face across the 9 study centres
Delivered at organisation (minimum numbers apply)
Live video link direct to classroom
Interactive learning environment with pre-recorded videos, course material, mock test etc.