CCS are the UK’s largest public procurement organisation offering public sector procurement departments across the UK support to increase efficiency of every pound spent of tax payers money.
Crown Commercial Services is aimed at public sector and third sector organisations including central and local government, schools, academies, colleges, universities, health, police, emergency services, housing associations and charities.
What is a CSS Framework?
A CCS framework comprises of numerous common public sector requirements and suppliers who have been evaluated and capable of providing these products and/or services. CCS have approximately 100 live Commercial Agreements split across four key categories: Buildings, Corporate solutions, People and Technology.
Using the frameworks to select suppliers could not be easier with useful templates, agreements, helpful support and guidance. Simply find what you need through the framework and select the commercial agreement which will explain how to buy your goods and services which could include;
- Direct Award – if there is only one supplier on an agreement
- Further Competition – when using multiple supplier agreements you will achieve greater value by asking suppliers to bid against each requirement
- DPS – search using a criteria, invite supplier/s to bid against your specification
- Aggregation – combine your demand with other public sector organisations to increase buying power to get the best deal!
- Catalogues – for everyday purchases such as office stationery, simply purchase online, pay the price advertised in the catalogue
What are the benefits of using commercial frameworks?
The benefits of using frameworks include reducing a buyers time spent sourcing the market, great prices, use of standard agreements and templates, added value through CCS initiatives including supporting supply chains, zero carbon, single use plastics, smart solutions, social value and modern slavery.
Choose SRSCC for government procurement training
As a CCS approved supplier as we train many of the public sector procurement professionals of tomorrow and include key subjects such as government procurement, public contract regulations, procurement processes and social value.
If you’d like any more information about the Crown Commercial Services register or SRSCC, please get in touch.