Got any questions? Take a look at the FAQ’s to learn more
CIPS stands for the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply. CIPS are the largest procurement professional body in the world. They represent procurement and supply professionals. CIPS promote procurement best practice and the interests of all procurement professionals to the wider business community and government
CIPS qualifications are the industry standard for anybody working in the procurement and supply industry. CIPS offer 5 qualifications which have been developed with the help of global organisations to ensure they cover the competences and capabilities required in the procurement profession. CIPS offer a progressive ladder of awards from CIPS Level 2 Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations, to CIPS Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply. All UK CIPS qualifications are Ofqual accredited and appear on the Register of Regulated Qualifications
• Enhanced career prospects over 50% of job vacancies advertised in Supply Management specify candidates should have or be studying towards CIPS qualifications
• CIPS is an internationally recognised qualification
• Research has shown that professionals who are MCIPS qualified can earn over £150,000 more in their professional life than those who are not MCIPS
• As a CIPS member you will receive and support which includes a legal helpline, plus discounts on health, home and car insurance. Being a CIPS member also offers great networking opportunities. For full details on CIPS membership visit how to become a CIPS member
• As a CIPS student you will be able to apply for an NUS card entitling you to discount at hundreds of retailers and leisure facilities
• Since January 2015 CIPS now offer suitably qualified and experienced MCIPS and FCIPS members Chartered Procurement and Supply status. To learn more please visit CIPS Chartered Status
You can learn more about becoming a buyer by visiting beabuyer.org
Investing in CIPS training for your employees will make your business more profitable and competitive due to the improved effectiveness and efficiency of your procurement team. CIPS training will motivate teams and individuals as well as bringing best practice and innovative thinking to the workplace.
Recent scandals in the press have highlighted the increasing need to train procurement staff to ensure you really know your supply chain. CIPS covers key areas such as CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), sustainability, negotiation, ethical trading, leadership and much more.
To achieve MCIPS you must complete through either assessment or exemption CIPS Level 4 to 6 and have 3 years experience in a responsible position within the procurement and supply profession. We offer a variety of different study options including class-based, in-house, distance and intensive. All options come with full tutor support and formative assessment to ensure you are keeping on the road to success.
If you are not looking for a formal qualification check our range of one day courses delivered by our sister company, SR Strategic Sourcing to brush up your skills.