Business Development Account Manager
Increase procurement knowledge, skills and competency. Start your career here
Apprenticeship Standards are training programmes which combines practical training linking to occupational professions, whilst in full time employment. The duration of an apprenticeship must be at least 12 months in term and offers the opportunity for apprentices to ‘earn while you learn’ and enable apprentices to gain a qualification within that regulated profession. In the UK this is funded via the Levy and governed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Apprenticeship standards are developed in conjunction with employer organisation with the purpose of developing occupational competencies to increase organisational effectiveness and efficiencies through increasing apprentice’s knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
An Apprenticeship is a training system which combines practical training, linked to a full-time employed job role. The duration must be at least 12 months in term and offers the opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’ and enable practitioners to gain a qualification within that regulated profession. In the UK this is funded via the Levy and governed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
To dispel any myths that they are only for school leavers, Apprenticeships in the England are available for 16-60-year olds. Not only are they for the support and development of a new generation, they are also available for upskilling existing employees. As long as there is a requirement to learn new Skills, Behaviour and Knowledge, the Apprenticeship route is an option.
With an apprenticeship, learners will gain the knowledge, the skills, and crucially, the industry experience necessary for a successful career.
Apprenticeships are an opportunity to acquire skills and professional experience, but they have a much wider impact. Learners gain confidence in their talents and approach to new situations outside their comfort zone, unlocking a desire to achieve aspirations.
As part of the government’s plan to increase the quantity and quality of Apprenticeships they have introduced a new tax – the Levy.
Commenced on 6th April 2017, the levy applies to all UK employers with a pay bill of £3 million a year in all sector. Approximately 1.3% of employers pay the levy.
Employers have an allowance of £15,000 to offset against their levy payment. This allowance is topped up by 10% by the government and held in a Digital Apprenticeship Service account for a maximum of 24 months. The levy payment is set at 0.5% of an employer’s pay bill, and is paid to HMRC through PAYE.
Since May 2017, Levy funds have been available through a new digital service. Levied employers have been able to buy training since May 2017; funds leave digital account on a monthly basis and will spread over the duration of the apprenticeship. 20% of the total cost will be paid on completion of the apprenticeship.
Non-levied employers can also use the apprenticeship levy to received funding support for Apprenticeships. Non-levy paying employers can share the cost of the Apprenticeship training and assessing with the government with co-investment. Employers will need to pay just 10% of the cost of the Apprenticeship and the government will pay the remaining 90% (up to the funding band maximum). The training must be delivered by an approved provider and the Apprenticeship must be an approved standard. Employers can access this support through the National Apprenticeship Service.
If you don’t pay the levy as you are under the pay bill threshold you can still receive funding support for Apprenticeships. Non-levy paying employers can share the cost of the Apprenticeship training and assessing with the government with co-investment. From May 2017 the employer will just need to pay 10% of the cost of the Apprenticeship and the government will pay the remaining 90% (up to the funding band maximum). The training must be delivered by an approved provider and the Apprenticeship must be an approved standard or framework.
Employers can access this support through the National Apprenticeship Service.
We are the largest provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers and an approved training provider for the Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship standard (previously known as Public Sector Commercial Level 4 Apprenticeship). This standard is suitable for all organisations.
This level 4 apprenticeship is suitable for all organisations and will take 2 years to complete.
• CIPS Level 4 Diploma
• Project Report (5000 words)
• Presentation and Questioning Interview
For full details of all the learning objectives please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the level content guide
The End Point Assessment is the process that takes place after an apprentice have completed their learning and is used to assess whether a learner has met all the knowledge, skills and behaviour element requirements of the apprenticeship standard. The EPA must satisfy a business need and usually involves two elements, for instance, portfolio of evidence, examinations, project reports, professional discussions, presentations, and interviews.
For learners, the EPA showcases their newly acquired knowledge, skills and behaviours to their organisations. EPA raises their profile within their business and accelerates promotion and career development opportunities.
Admin and Customer Service Manager
Jenn completed her Apprenticeship in Business and Administration in 2008 and has since built upon a foundation of knowledge and skills in the administration and customer support areas.
Jenn has a degree, as well as a master’s degree, in English which have helped support her commitment to compliance and attention to detail.
Since returning to work from maternity leave in 2020, Jenn has worked in education settings and has an in-depth knowledge on Safeguarding and Child Protection, which she believes is a key part of all employees’ role when working with learners.
Outside of work, Jenn lives with her husband and two young daughters. She had her first book published in 2022 and advocates for the mental wellbeing of new parents.
Course Progress Mentor
Michelle graduated from Liverpool John Moore’s University in 2003 with a BA(HONs) in Physical Education, Sport, Dance and English, with Qualified Teacher Status. Michelle now holds 20 years’ experience of working in education. Her experience to date is hugely diverse, with a love for learning and striving for excellence across all areas of her life developed from when she was a young girl, representing her country at Athletics. It was from this platform Michelle developed a disciplined approach to every tasks set of her. During her time in teaching, she has taught a wide range of subjects, been a pastoral leader, and led ITT programmes.
Michelle prides herself on her ability to get the best possible outcomes out of people. This has been proven not only in the time she’s spent in education, but also in the set up and running of her own business.
Working in a fast-paced environment, especially becoming a Head of Year as well as teaching has consistently challenged her and ensured she’s flexible and adaptable
Customer Support Coordinator
Course Progress Mentor
Emma joined SRSCC in 2019 on a freelance basis taking on a teaching and learning consultancy role. She has 20 years of experience in education as a qualified teacher, working in adult learning, secondary and primary school settings in the UK as well as abroad, namely Japan, Hungary, and France.
More recently Emma has been teaching yoga, resilience, and mindfulness in primary schools to promote the physical and mental well-being of both pupils and staff.
Being multi-lingual and having a zeal for communication, cultural exchange and life-long learning Emma jumped at the opportunity to join the company as a Course Mentor. Building a good rapport with her learners, supporting them to overcome any challenges on their apprentice journey and facilitating them to fulfil their potential is her motivation.
Cumbrian born and bred in the Lake District, Emma enjoys the outdoors. When not relaxing in tree pose, she is most at home trail running in the hills with her husband and dog. Having clocked up 4 marathons to date, the application of her long-distance running mindset of perseverance, determination, discipline and patience is key to supporting her learners in their studies.
Ashlee has joined the SRSCC team as an Office Administrator, and with a level 2 and 3 in Business Administration, she fits right in!
Ashlee has a wide range of experience from working as a Legal Secretary for the Royal Air Force to managing a team. Ashlee is eager to use her customer service and business administration skills for her new role at SRSCC.
Business Development Account Manager
Declan recently graduated University studying BSc Business and Management with Marketing achieving a 2:1 and was looking for a role in Business Development to put his knowledge and education to the test.
He has a strong desire to grow the SRSCC brand and customer base. Working alongside our Business Development and Relationship Manager; he looks to strengthen both our Commercial and Apprenticeship learner portfolio by liaising with potential and existing learners through building customer relationships and understanding their requirements.