For full details of the standard please get in touch.
With an apprenticeship, learners will gain the knowledge, the skills, and crucially, the industry experience necessary for a successful career.
Apprenticeships are an opportunity to acquire skills and professional experience, but they have a much wider impact. Learners gain confidence in their talents and approach to new situations outside their comfort zone, unlocking a desire to achieve aspirations.
As part of the governments plan to increase the quantity and quality of Apprenticeships they have introduced a new tax – the Levy. The aim of the levy is to fund 3 million new Apprenticeships in England by 2020.
This apprenticeship has been developed particularly for both public & private sector and includes CIPS Level 4 Diploma.
Encompassing the entire Procurement cycle, achieving the Level 4 in Procurement and Supply will enable an individual to use their breadth and depth of experience to position themselves s a fully effective commercially skilled professional with transferable skills and career options that span the public, private and charitable sectors. This will be supported by the attainment of a Level 4 Diploma with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
The levy applies to all UK employers with a pay bill of £3 million a year in all sector.
The levy started on 6th April 2017.
Approximately only 1.3% of employers will pay the levy.
Employers have an allowance of £15,000 to offset against their levy payment. This allowance is topped up by 10% by the government and held in a Digital Apprenticeship Service account for a maximum of 24 months.
It is set at 0.5% of an employer’s pay bill, and is paid to HMRC through PAYE.
Levy funds will be available through a new digital service; funds will be available from May 2017.
Levied employers can buy training from May 2017; funds leave digital account on a monthly basis and will spread over the duration of the apprenticeship. 20% of the total cost will be paid on completion of the apprenticeship.
Non-levied employers make payments direct to providers and will later move to the digital system.
If you don’t pay the levy as you are under the pay bill threshold you can still receive funding support for Apprenticeships. Non-levy paying employers can share the cost of the Apprenticeship training and assessing with the government with co-investment. From May 2017 the employer will just need to pay 10% of the cost of the Apprenticeship and the government will pay the remaining 90% (up to the funding band maximum). The training must be delivered by an approved provider and the Apprenticeship must be an approved standard or framework.
Employers can access this support through the National Apprenticeship Service.
We are a Main Provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers and an approved training provider for the Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship standard (previously known as Public Sector Commercial Level 4 Apprenticeship). This standard is suitable for all organisations.
This level 4 apprenticeship is suitable for all organisations and will take 2 years to complete.
The standard consists of:
There are 3 main elements:
- CIPS Level 4 Diploma
- Case Study (2000 words)
- Portfolio and Panel Interview
- Supplier performance issues and reviews
- For full details of all the learning objectives please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the level content guide
“Really enjoyed the course, very interesting Basics of Procurement”