Entity: Bobst Manchester Ltd
Location: Heywood, Manchester
Position Title: Buyer
Reports To: Global Procurement Manager
An exciting opportunity for a buyer to join a fast pace purchasing department. The role is reporting directly to the Global Procurement Manager and will take ownership for key suppliers. It is crucial for this role to ensure that the highest standards of supply, cost and quality is maintained at all times.
- Identifying cost down opportunities
- Sourcing new suppliers but also maintaining and developing existing suppliers
- Working just in time to meet production demands
- Able to work with suppliers to ensure KPI’s are achieved.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all areas of the business, particularly engineering and production
- Managing and negotiating supplier contracts
- Managing supplier relationships
Critical Skills and Personal Attributes
- Minimum 4 years experience as a buyer
- Good communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Ability to work un-supervised and to be self – motivated
- Able to plan and manage own time
- A robust approach and ability to problem solve
- Reactive to change and able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- CIP’s qualified
- Ability to read technical drawings
Applications by CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by…..